Over the past decades, restorative dentistry has advanced to the point that the line separating it and cosmetic dentistry has become virtually non-existent. Whereas the purpose of restorative dentistry treatments of yesteryear was exclusively to reconstruct missing or badly damaged structures in the mouth, with the resulting appearance of the smile being a distant second on the list of concerns, modern restorative dentistry aims to return full function, oral health, and aesthetics to patients with missing or extensively damaged teeth. Indeed, patients who are missing one, several, or even all of their teeth can now emerge from treatment with smiles that look nearly indistinguishable from those filled with natural teeth.
At the Boston Prosthodontics Dental Group, we proudly offer a comprehensive range of high-quality treatment options for missing teeth. Our Boston, MA area patients can expect restorations of only the most surpassing standard, in terms of how they function, feel, and appear. Our four esteemed dentists provide patients with completely customized treatments, whether they require a single tooth restoration or full mouth rehabilitation.
If you are missing one or more of your natural teeth and are looking for the finest restorations that restorative dentistry has to offer, we encourage you to contact Boston Prosthodontics Dental Group today.
Tooth Restoration Treatment Options
At Boston Prosthodontic Dental Group, our dentists will work with you to find the tooth replacement option that best meets your individual needs, based on the number of teeth you need to replace, the state of your oral health, your aesthetic goals, and your budget. Our dentists advise patients openly and honestly of their options, including the advantages and disadvantages associated with each. The options available for replacing missing teeth include:
- Implant-supported dental crowns: If you are missing a single tooth, we will most likely recommend that you replace it with a state-of-the-art implant-supported dental crown. A dental crown is a custom-crafted porcelain restoration that recreates the entire visible surface area of a tooth, while a dental implant is a titanium post that is surgically embedded in the jaw, where it serves as an artificial tooth root. An implant-supported crown offers many benefits; perhaps most importantly, it does not require the alteration of surrounding natural teeth or rely on them for support.
- Removable partial dentures: If you are missing multiple teeth on a single arch, removable partial dentures offer a good, cost-effective method of replacing the teeth.
- Fixed dental bridges: Unlike removable partial dentures, fixed dental bridges are held in place by dental crowns attached to the natural teeth adjacent to a gap that was once occupied by between one and three natural teeth.
- Removable full dentures: Modern removable dentures are custom-crafted to fit more comfortably and snugly and look more natural than dentures of the past.
- Implant-supported bridges and dentures: If you are missing more than one of your natural teeth, implant-supported bridges and dentures represent the strongest, most stable and secure method of replacing them. Our dentists strategically place multiple dental implants in the jaw to secure bridges and dentures permanently in the mouth.
Learn More about Treatments for Missing Teeth
If you would like to learn more about the available treatments for missing teeth, please contact Boston Prosthodontics Dental Group today.